The Countdown Continues.
Countdown to Coverage is a campaign to help women understand the concrete ways that the Affordable Care Act is helping us take huge strides forward.
The law is already helping women and our families stay healthy:
- making birth control and cancer screenings affordable by eliminating co-pays.
- ending unfair insurance denials by telling insurance companies they can’t deny coverage to our children.
- ensuring young adults have health care coverage by allowing them to stay on family health insurance until age 26.
The law will continue helping women through 2014 and beyond:
- stopping discrimination by telling insurance companies they can no longer charge women higher prices than men or deny us for pre-existing conditions.
- guaranteeing coverage for prenatal and maternity care.
January 1 marked a new day in preventive health care for many women. New insurance plans are now required to cover key preventive health services for women without additional costs, like co-pays, and as new plan years begin, more and more women will gain new access to affordable preventive health care.
Learn how you can find out if your plan is covering this important health care.
The Countdown to Coverage campaign recognizes today’s gains and anticipates those that are still to come. As we continue to countdown to coverage, our activities help create a sense of momentum, linking to women’s health calendar hooks, like Mother’s Day and disease awareness months, and to milestones in implementation of the health care law, like dates when new provisions go into effect, the anniversary of enactment and the 2014 opening of the health insurance exchanges.
If you are interested in participating or learning more about how you can become involved with Countdown to Coverage, please fill out this form